Head, Infrastructure Risk Management (ES0095)
Reporting to the Managing Director/CEO, the successful candidate will manage all Infrastructure-related risks including transaction and project specific risks.
- Develop and implement appropriate framework for providing consistent measurement, reporting and control of risks across the Authority’s Infrastructure portfolio.
- Perform comprehensive risk assessments, including statistical analyses and provide up-to-date information to guide the Authority’s investment decisions.
- Continuously review/assess the risks facing the Authority’s Infrastructure projects in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring mechanism/framework using existing risk management tools.
- Define and implement various risk mitigation solutions.
- Define risk thresholds for Infrastructure projects and monitor the risk profiles accordingly and escalate and manage indicators outside limits with risk owners.
- Interpret and analyze reports/data/information to identify possible risk exposure.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, events, issues and developments to assist/ enable the development and implementation of appropriate control measures, monitoring mechanism as required.
- Define and continuously review the Authority’s Infrastructure risk policies, processes and activities, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Generate regular reports to executive management on the risk profiles of the Authority’s Infrastructure investments.
- Perform other functions as assigned by the Managing Director.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- A degree in Finance, or any Business-related discipline and postgraduate qualification(s); possession of CFA and other such professional will be an advantage.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in infrastructure and project management, preferably in a leading investment bank, International Finance Institution/Development Finance Institution or a similar institution.
- Credit Risk experience with emphasis/exposure to Project Finance/Infrastructure projects.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the impact of various policies, issues and solutions. Need to be strong with financial modelling tools, techniques and analysis.
- Political and business savvy, maturity and tact, including ability to relate and network at different levels of authority.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards, high level of integrity, strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.