Portfolio Manager, Nigeria Infrastructure Fund (ES0094) Reporting to the Head, Nigeria Infrastructure Fund, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring prudent investment of the Infrastructure Fund in projects such as power generation, distribution and transmission, agriculture, dams, roads, rail, airports etc.
- Build and manage a well-balanced investment portfolio aimed at achieving target risk-adjusted returns.
- Identify viable infrastructure projects and advise management on investment decisions based on sound analyses.
- Champion the valuation and structuring of infrastructure deals.
- Proactively monitor and supervise the portfolio activity, providing up-todate report to management.
- Provide up-to-date analysis of portfolio activities.
- Provide market insight on a regular basis to share with other portfolio managers and executive management.
- Plan and implement exit strategies for all holdings in the portfolio ensuring the Authority can exit from its investment on a timely and seamless basis.
- Liaise with investment risk managers to appropriately assess the risks facing the portfolio in order to define mitigating strategies.
- Build strong relationships with external counterparties (BPE, ICRC, State and Federal Ministries), investors and gain insight into market dynamics.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- A degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or any Business-related discipline and post-graduate degree(s) and relevant professional qualifications.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in infrastructure and project management, preferably in a leading investment bank, International Finance Institution/Development Finance Institution or a similar institution.
- Good knowledge of infrastructure sector trends (globally and within the Nigerian context), and practical experience in valuation, structuring, portfolio management and business strategy.
- Hands on experience in project finance and management of infrastructure funds.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in financial modeling and structuring of infrastructure deals.
- Expertise in negotiating complex transactions.
- Strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with senior management of financial institutions and other stakeholders.
- Track record of successful investing.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards, high level of integrity, strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.