Secretary to the Authority (ES0096)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman Board of Directors, the successful candidate will coordinate all Board secretariat activities and provide guidance in the implementation of the NSIA's corporate governance framework. He/she will also provide effective administrative support in the execution of the Authority’s corporate governance policies.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Issue notices of meetings of the Board and the Governing Council.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Authority’s Board, including preparation of agenda, papers, resolutions, and minutes.
- Keeping records of the proceedings of the Board and the Governing Council.
- Monitor and ensure appropriate and timely execution of the Authority’s secretariat functions.
- Render all necessary secretarial services in respect of meetings and advise on compliance by the meetings within the applicable rules and regulations.
- Ensure the proper custody of the statutory and other books of the NSIA and also ensure that records are up-to-date.
- Carry out other duties as the Managing Director or the Board may, from time to time, direct.
Qualifications, experience and attributes:
- A first degree in Law (L.L.B. and B.L.) and post-graduate qualification(s). Possession of ICSAN will be an advantage.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years company secretarial experience, five (5) of which must be as a Company Secretary.
- Good knowledge of leading practices in secretariat services and corporate governance.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian legal system.
- Excellent written and oral communication, negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Political savvy, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with different levels of authority within the legal sphere.