The role holder shall be responsible for developing and implementing risk management policies and guidelines, methodologies, and systems to ensure that risk is effectively managed in the Authority.
- Develop and implement the NSIA’s Enterprise-wide Risk Management Framework and related policies and guidelines for the management of risks including infrastructure, market, operational, credit and liquidity and regulatory compliance risks.
- Define the risk acceptance criteria and work with executive leadership to set risk tolerance limits for each risk area across the NSIA operations.
- Coordinate the identification, assessment and mitigation of risks that relate to the NSIA’s operational processes and functions including its subsidiary activities as may be required.
- Evaluate the Authority business strategies and project portfolios to ensure all aspects of financial and non-financial risks are properly identified, measured, and adequately supported by NSIA’s risk infrastructure.
- Ensure risk profile is aligned to the overall returns and profitability aspiration of the Sovereign Wealth Fund.
- Establish infrastructure systems, and processes for identifying, managing, controlling, and reporting risks within the Authority.
- Advise the NSIA executive management team and Board of Directors on overall corporate governance and best practices in risk management.
- Oversee implementation of regulatory compliance risk management infrastructure, systems, and processes.
- Ensure that risk management in the Authority is directed, managed, and operated in accordance with best practices, sound corporate governance and existing laws and regulations.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- First degree in a related discipline from a reputable university.
- Professional Membership e.g. Global Association of Risk Professionals, RIMAN Certified Risk Manager (CRM) or any other relevant risk management professional memberships is desired.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience in risk oversight roles covering credit, counterparty, investment, market, liquidity, and operational and infrastructure risk with at least 5 years’ experience at a senior management level.
- Excellent Communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to prioritise and schedule tasks.
- Excellent negotiation and people management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Highly organized and extremely detailed orientation.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office tools.