The role holder shall be responsible for evaluating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
- Provide support to the ED/COO in developing the Authority’s procurement strategies.
- Support the implementation of the Procurement unit’s policies, systems, and procedures necessary for effective functioning of the organisation.
- Contribute to development and revision of procurement policies and procedures; develop standards and criteria for the evaluation of goods, services, supplier capacity.
- Improve efficiency of the procurement processes by supporting the establishment of necessary measures to automate and optimize all processes within the organization.
- Ensure proper application of procurement procedures are adhered to whilst creating awareness of these procedures and verifies that they have been complied with.
- Review record and prioritise purchasing requests and obtain additional information/documentation as may be required.
- Provide support to various requisitioners in preparing specifications of goods and services; proposing product substitutions consistent with requirements to achieve cost savings.
- Collaborate with the requesting unit to review, develop, or update tender documents where applicable (e.g. Invitations to Bids, Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Requests for Quotation) based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved.
- Design or review and maintain a comparative table templates to analyse financial and technical aspects of bids, drafts summaries of evaluation and reports from tendering processes for the approval by relevant authorities.
- Liaises with the ED/COO to establish approaches for negotiating and coordinating all phases of negotiations with all concerned parties, including the negotiation of disputes arising from contracts.
- Maintain comprehensive procurement files, including solicitations, proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts, and correspondence on all procurements.
- Act as focal point for the identification and monitoring of procurement-related risks in relevant risk registers; and provides guidance on all relevant procurement matters.
- Liaise with the legal team to ensure all contractual agreement are adequately reviewed and are void of liabilities that have negative impact on the Authority.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- First degree in related discipline from a reputable university.
- Minimum of seven (7) years cognate experience.
- Experience in coordinating high value complex multiple procurement programmes related to infrastructure projects will be an advantage.
- Relevant certifications e.g. Certified Purchasing Manager will be an added advantage.
- Excellent Communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to prioritise and schedule tasks.
- Excellent negotiation and people management skills.
- Excellent analysis skills.
- Highly organized and extremely detailed orientation.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office tools.