- NSIA Kano Diagnostic Centre (NKDC)
- NSIA Healthcare Development and Investment Company (NHDIC)
Commencement Date / Closure Date / Completion Date
- Operations started 16 March 2020
Project Location (Region or State):
- Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH), Kano State.
- NKDC is a modern medical diagnostic centre, established through a joint venture between NHDIC and AKTH that provides both basic and advanced radiology and laboratory tests.
- The equipment mix at NKDC include:
- 1 1.5T Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine;
- 1 Digital ceiling mounted Xray;
- 2 3D/4D Ultrasound scan machine;
- Basic pathology equipment; and
- 1 mobile X-ray
Benefits / Impact (Social, Economic & Others):
- Contribution to the improved screening and diagnostics services in Northern Nigeria.
- Provision of diagnostic services to 17,870 patients as at Q4 2021.
- Contribution to employment through the direct employment of 58 persons
- Reduction in foreign exchange leakage because of outbound medical tourism.
Project Cost / Size:
- 25% Equity and 75% Debt
- 90% owned by NHDIC