The role holder will support the Portfolio Manager PFI to develop and implement the global advertising, marketing and communications strategies that will increase market share, build brand awareness and increase sales.
- Support the Portfolio Manager PFI, in developing marketing and sales strategy for all products.
- Research and develop marketing opportunities and plans, understand customer requirements, identify market trends, and suggest system improvements to achieve PFI's marketing goals.
- Gather, investigate, and summarize market data and trends to support recommendations and decision making.
- Identify and coordinate the development of sales channels.
- Develop market and competitive analysis, pricing schedules, forecasts and advertising requirements.
- Implement marketing plans and analyse the impact of marketing campaigns with clear measurement reports.
- Coordinate the various blending plants on their “go to market” strategies.
- Support changes in sales plans and advertising programs based on trends.
- Evaluate effectiveness of campaigns, using insight and monitoring tools.
- Ensure all marketing activities relate directly to the PFI’s strategy and have measurable impact on set deliverables.
- Support communication strategies aimed at deepening the perception and reputation of PFI.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration or related field from a reputable university.
- Minimum of 7 years cognate experience in sales and marketing of; agriproducts, pharmaceutical products, irrigation equipment and agrochemicals.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Good knowledge of local languages.
- Adept multi-tasker with ability to quickly prioritize and organize.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Suite and previous experience using other marketing software.
- Team player who collaborates with ease and has contagious creative energy.
- Strategic and strong business acumen.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Graphic / digital design experience are desired.