Reporting to the Head, Administration, this Officer will provide support in carrying out administration functions, ensuring provision of efficient and effective services to support NSIA’s core operations.
- Supports vendor evaluation and selection processes ensuring consistent application and transparency
- Supports the Head, Admin in monitoring the activities of vendors (facility managers, security services, estate agents etc.) to deliver at agreed service levels.
- Tracks the activities of service providers to ascertain high quality and well-maintained utility services (power, water, and general utilities).
- Ensures timely and effective execution of general administration services.
- Liaises with Travel Agents to provide adequate travel/transport logistics support.
- Monitors the activities of the Authority’s support staff and briefs the Head, Admin accordingly.
- Assists with the provision of protocol and consular services to the Authority’s Directors and other staff.
- Supports the procurement process for the Authority’s assets, office supplies and consumables.
- Under the supervision of the Head Admin, conducts market surveys to ensure availability of up-to-date price intelligence.
- Takes periodic stock (for office equipment and supplies) and informs the Admin Manager on any identified issues.
- Provides support on the review and assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of the admin policies, procedures and processes and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Performs other duties as may be delegated by the Admin Manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- First Degree from a reputable university
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in administration function.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
- Good communication skills
- Appreciable understanding of the NSIA’s mandate.
- Strong people management skills.
- Highly organized and extremely detail orientated.
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- High level of pro-activity and ability to follow through on assigned tasks.