This Officer shall be responsible for ensuring compliance with the approved risk management framework, regulatory codes, policies and regulations. The Officer shall support the processes for identifying, controlling, managing and reporting operational risk.
- Supports the planning, designing and implementation of the Authority’s overall risk management process.
- Supports the process for identifying critical business processes and relevant control mechanisms.
- Conducts periodic risk assessments to analyse, identify, describe and estimate the risks inherent in the Authority’s activities and provide recommendations to address identified weaknesses.
- Liaises with the Unit Head to develop and implement the business continuity management framework for the Authority.
- Supports the process of designing and implementing recovery and crisis management plans.
- Promotes awareness and assists in embedding an improved risk and compliance culture within the Authority.
- Collaborates with other Unit Heads to address new and/or emerging risks that may occur as a result of changes in regulatory, government policy, NSIA’s strategy and business focus.
- Documents the occurrence of operational risks and investigates such incidences.
- Supports the implementation of a detailed emergency response and associated operational activities.
- Supports the implementation of techniques & methods of training, testing & maintaining business recovery plans.
- Coordinates compliance monitoring and enforcement of set rules and regulations as defined within all applicable regulations guiding the Company’s operations e.g. AML/ CFT reporting etc.
- Liaises with functional heads within the Company and supports processes for ensuring full compliance across board with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Supports the Head, Operational Risk & Compliance in managing relationships with regulators and other relevant statutory bodies to facilitate prompt and effective resolution of compliance-related issues.
- Creates company-wide awareness on key regulatory issues impacting on the company’s operations and liaises with Human Resources to organize compliance related trainings (e.g. periodic AML awareness exercises).
- Conducts periodic compliance audit/ reviews in liaison with Legal and Internal Audit.
- Supports policies and procedures management
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- First Degree from a reputable university
- Relevant post-graduate / professional qualification
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in Operational Risk Management and Compliance
- Experience in financial services, specifically operations or audit will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of operational risk best practices
- Good knowledge of operational risk measurement methodologies and Environmental / Industry Analysis
- Knowledge of Investment / Portfolio Management, Assets & Liabilities Management and Financial analysis / interpretation will be an added advantage