Reporting to the Head, Nigeria Infrastructure Fund, this Officer will assist in ensuring prudent investment of Infrastructure funds in essential and efficient infrastructure such as power generation, distribution and transmission, agriculture, dams, roads, rail, airports etc.
- Leads the development of infrastructure projects for the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund.
- Develops medium- and long-term strategies and action plans to improve quality of the Authority’s portfolio and contributes to the achievement of corporate targets.
- Liaises with the infrastructure risk management team to assess inherent portfolio risks in order to define mitigating strategies.
- Plans and implements exit strategies for all holdings in the portfolio to ensure the Authority can exit from its investment on timely basis.
- Champions the valuation and structuring of infrastructure deals.
- Identifies viable infrastructure projects and advises management on investment decisions.
- Builds and manages a well-balanced infrastructure portfolio aimed at achieving target risk adjusted returns.
- Monitors and supervises the various portfolio activities, providing up to date report to the management.
- Develops and manages relationships with external counterparts, co-investors, advisors and technical leaders.
- Monitors the impact of operating environment on assigned projects under implementation and informs Management on any material potential risks that might arise.
- Conducts analysis of portfolio trends and drivers of investment return and draws and shares lessons learnt.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- First Degree from a reputable university
- Relevant professional qualifications in MBA, CFA, ACCA and/or Project Management will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience in Project Finance and Portfolio Management
- Expertise in negotiating complex transactions, financial modelling and structuring of infrastructure deals
- Practical experience in valuation, project & deal structuring and business strategy
- Good knowledge of key infrastructure sectors trends including agriculture, power, toll roads, real estate and other sectors (locally and globally)
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, leadership, negotiating and influencing skills
- Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations and operating environment
- Excellent Interpersonal, networking and communication skills Team building / conflict management