Reporting to the Head, Nigeria Infrastructure Fund, this Officer will ensure prudent investment of the infrastructure fund in healthcare focused areas by providing managerial and strategic oversight for the various healthcare portfolio projects
- Leads the development of the healthcare strategy for the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund.
- Develops medium- and long-term strategies and action plans to improve quality of the Authority’s healthcare portfolio and contributes to achievement of corporate targets.
- Liaises with the infrastructure risk management team to assess the inherent healthcare portfolio risks in order to define mitigating strategies.
- Champions the valuation and structuring of healthcare deals.
- Identifies viable healthcare infrastructure projects and advises management on investment decisions.
- Leads the negotiations of prospective investments with the aim of obtaining best returns on investment for the funds.
- Builds and manages a well-balanced healthcare infrastructure portfolio aimed at achieving target risk-adjusted returns.
- Monitors and supervises the various healthcare portfolio activities, providing up to date reports to management.
- Develops and manages relationships with external counterparts, co-investors, advisors and technical leaders.
- Monitors the impact of the operating environment on assigned projects under implementation and informs the Management on any material potential risks that might arise.
- Conducts analysis portfolio trends, drivers of investment return, draws and shares lessons from the portfolio analysis.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- MD, MBSS, PhD, Pharm.D. or comparable advanced degree is preferred
- Previous healthcare operational experience required
- Good knowledge of heath sector trends (globally and within the Nigerian context)
- Practical experience in valuation, structuring, portfolio management and business strategy
- Relevant professional qualification in project management
- Minimum of 12 years cognate experience
- Expertise in negotiating complex transactions
- Hands-on experience in project finance and management of infrastructure funds
- Expertise in financial modelling and structuring of infrastructure deals
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills
- Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations and operating environment
- Excellent Interpersonal, networking and communication skills (oral & written)