- NSIA Umuahia Diagnostic Centre (NUDC)
- NSIA Healthcare Development and Investment Company (NHDIC)
Commencement Date / Closure Date / Completion Date
- Operations started 3 August 2020
Project Location (Region or State):
- Federal Medical Center Umuahia (FMCU), Abia State.
- NUDC is a modern medical diagnostic centre, established through a joint venture between NHDIC and FMCU that provides both basic and advanced radiology and laboratory tests.
- The equipment mix at NUDC include:
- 1 128-slice Computerized Tomography Scan machine;
- 2 Digital X-ray machines;
- 2 3D/4D Ultrasound scan machine;
- 1 Mammography machine; and
- Basic pathology equipment.
Benefits / Impact (Social, Economic & Others):
- Contribution to the improved screening and diagnostics services in Southern Nigeria.
- Provision of diagnostic services to 14,230 patients as at Q4 2021.
- Contribution to employment through the direct employment of 58 persons
- Reduction in foreign exchange leakage because of outbound medical tourism.
Project Cost / Size:
- 90% owned by NHDIC