Mr. Urum Kalu (UK) Eke, MFR
- Mr. Eke, a consummate financial services expert is the Group Managing Director, FBN Holdings Plc
and serves as a
Non-Executive Director on the Boards of First Bank of Nigeria Limited and FBN Merchant Bank
- He joined the Board of FirstBank, an FBN Holdings Company, in 2011 as Executive Director, Public
Sector South and
until his appointment as GMD of FBN Holdings was Executive Director, South at FirstBank.
- Prior to this, Mr. Eke was the Executive Director, Regional Businesses, Lagos & West at Diamond
Bank Plc. Prior to
working at Diamond Bank, he had worked at Deloitte Haskins & Sells International.
- He has over 35 years’ experience in financial services covering auditing, business assurance,
taxation, process re-engineering and capital market operations.
- He is the Founder and Chairman of Elder K.U. Eke Memorial Foundation, an entity set up in 2001
to provide humanitarian
aid in Nigeria. He is a Patron, Lagos State Council, Boys’ Brigade Nigeria and a Paul Harris
Fellow of The Rotary Club
- Mr. Eke is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN), Fellow of the
Institute of Management
Consultants (IMC), Fellow of the Institute of Directors (IoD) and Fellow of the Institute of
Chartered Accountants of
- He holds a first degree in Political Science (University of Lagos) and an MBA in Project
(Federal University of Technology, Owerri).
- He is also an Alumnus of the prestigious Wharton Business School and a recipient of Nigeria’s
National Honour of
Member of the Order of the Federal Republic (MFR)