Mr. Urum Kalu (UK) Eke, MFR
- Mr. Eke, a consummate financial services expert is the Group Managing Director, FBN Holdings Plc and serves as a Non-Executive Director on the Boards of First Bank of Nigeria Limited and FBN Merchant Bank Limited.
- He joined the Board of FirstBank, an FBN Holdings Company, in 2011 as Executive Director, Public Sector South and until his appointment as GMD of FBN Holdings was Executive Director, South at FirstBank.
- Prior to this, Mr. Eke was the Executive Director, Regional Businesses, Lagos & West at Diamond Bank Plc. Prior to working at Diamond Bank, he had worked at Deloitte Haskins & Sells International.
- He has over 35 years’ experience in financial services covering auditing, business assurance, consulting, strategy, taxation, process re-engineering and capital market operations.
- He is the Founder and Chairman of Elder K.U. Eke Memorial Foundation, an entity set up in 2001 to provide humanitarian aid in Nigeria. He is a Patron, Lagos State Council, Boys’ Brigade Nigeria and a Paul Harris Fellow of The Rotary Club International.
- Mr. Eke is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN), Fellow of the Institute of Management Consultants (IMC), Fellow of the Institute of Directors (IoD) and Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).
- He holds a first degree in Political Science (University of Lagos) and an MBA in Project Management Technology (Federal University of Technology, Owerri).
- He is also an Alumnus of the prestigious Wharton Business School and a recipient of Nigeria’s National Honour of Member of the Order of the Federal Republic (MFR)