NSIA LUTH Cancer Centre (NLCC)
31 May 2019
NLCC is an out-patient cancer centre, established as a joint venture between NHDIC and LUTH. Services offered by NLCC include consultation, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and pharmacy.
The equipment mix at NLCC includes:
- 2 Vital Beam Linear Accelerators;
- 1 Halcyon machine;
- 1 GammaMed Brachytherapy machine;
- 1 CT Simmulator;
- 1 C-arm Machine; and
- 1 Ultrasound machine
- Contribution to the reduction in mortality rates and improvement of outcomes for cancer patients.
- Provision of cancer treatment services to 9,588 unique patients as of Q2 2023
- Contribution to employment through the direct employment of 98 persons.
- Establishment of a training centre to build capacity in radiation treatment delivery for current and future clinical professionals in Nigeria.
- Reduction in outbound medical tourism and subsequent conservation of foreign exchange
- Provision of additional source of income to LUTH to enable the institution to allocate much needed funds to other services and improve quality of healthcare delivery.